The Community Foundation of Howard County is accredited by the Community Foundations National Standards Board.
National Standards accreditation is a commitment to transparency, excellence, stewardship and leadership and requires compliance with forty specific standards in the areas of donor services, investments, grant-making and administration. This accreditation is periodically audited and reviewed for compliance by the Community Foundations National Standards Board. You may read more about the National Standards at cfstandards.org.
In order to effectively serve the interests of our donors, local Howard County nonprofits and the community at large, CFHoCo is committed to transparency, accountability and convenience. Accordingly, our federal tax returns, audited financial statements, investment policy and other related documents are available here, or you may contact us to receive print copies.
For additional information regarding names of investment managers, administrative fees charged or individuals responsible for investment or oversight, please contact the Community Foundation of Howard County via email or call (410) 730-7840.
- Audit 2017 and 2016 (PDF)
- Audit 2016 and 2015 (PDF)
- Form 990 2019 (PDF)
- Gift and Fund Acceptance Policy
- Historic Return on Investment
- Request a copy of CFHoCo’s W-9 Form
- Request a copy of CFHoCo’s Maryland sales tax exemption certificate
Please note that historic information for the Community Foundation of Howard County’s financials are available via GuideStar.
- Administrative Fee Billing, March 2017
- Administrative Fee Schedule, October 2017 (PDF)
- Confidentiality Policy (PDF)
- Conflicts of Interest and Duality of Interest Policy (PDF)
- Due Diligence and Expenditure Responsibility Policy (PDF)
- Donor Initiated Fundraising Policies and Procedures (PDF)
- Investment Policy, July 2019 (PDF)
- Scholarships and Other Grants to Individuals Policy (PDF)
- Whistleblower Policy
- Donor Advised Fund Dormancy (PDF)
- Annual Report (PDF)