Howard County Government: information on Main Street Access; Disaster Assistance Center and flood updates.
The following organizations are available to support those in need of help at this time:
– American Red Cross
– Community Action Council of Howard County: Food Bank
– Howard County Housing & Community Development
– Howard County Economic Development Authority
– Howard County Government Department of Public Works
– Howard County Department of Community Resources and Services
– Howard County Health Department
– Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation
– Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation ‘s Workforce Development, Occupational Safety and Licensing, and Division of Unemployment Insurance
– Maryland Insurance Administration
– Maryland Department of Human Services
– Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
– US Postal Service
– Maryland Small Business Development Center
– Office of Elijah Cummings
– Legal Aid of Howard County
Trash and Storm Debris Removal: County residents can bring storm debris to the Alpha Ridge Landfill, 2350 Marriottsville Road in Marriottsville, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you have items such as furniture and other household items that have been damaged or destroyed, schedule a curbside bulk trash pickup by contacting the Bureau of Environmental Services at 410-313-6444.
Flood Hotline: For information and assistance regarding flood-related issues, call 410-313-2900. For emergencies, call 911.
Crisis Hotline: Those who are struggling to process the events of the past week or are encountering other mental health challenges can contact the Grassroots Crisis Hotline at 410-531-6677.
Prescription Medication: Residents in the 21041, 21042, 21043, 21045, 21228 and 21229 zip codes can fill prescriptions for a 30-day supply regardless of the most recent fill date. The waiver will stay in place until the state of emergency lifts.
Property Assistance: The Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) is encouraging residents whose real property has been damaged to contact the Department, as they may qualify to have their property assessments reduced. Rebuilding Together Howard County helps provide free repairs to those in need and repairs can be applied for on their website.
Legal Support: The Howard County Bar Association can be reached at 410-313-3858 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to answer questions regarding insurance coverage, loss of inventory, leases or property damages.
Business and Employment Support: The Facebook group “Keep Ellicott City Working” has been re-opened and offers a list of local job opportunities. Businesses with space office, storage or retail space that could be used by a business-in-need can email the Howard County Chamber.