Did You Know. . .
- That there’s a store in Howard County that can both help you with your Spring cleaning and help others at the same time?
- That donations to the ReStore generate income that enables Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake to create affordable homeownership opportunities in Central Maryland?
- That by providing quality products at affordable prices, the ReStore simultaneously preserves our environment by keeping reusable items out of Howard County’s landfill?
Over the past 35 years, Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake (HFHC) has built or removed 750 homes throughout Central Maryland, providing 2,500+ children and families with safety, stability and a brighter future. HFHC is working to expand its presence in Howard County to help meet Moderate Income Housing Unit program requirements.
Please consider making a donation of furniture, appliances, cabinets, building materials, plumbing, tools or other items as noted on the ReStore website to the ReStore located at 8909 McGaw Ct., Columbia, MD, 21045 (near Wegman’s).
HFHC also has a program called “HabiCorps” which prepares people facing significant barriers to employment for full-time jobs in the construction trades.
In addition to making a donation of goods to the ReStore, please consider the following Habitat for Humanity/HabiCorps needs:
- $100 will pay for a stainless steel kitchen sink
- $250 will pay for drywall for a child’s bedroom
- $500 will pay for an energy efficient water heater
- $1,000 will pay for a full bathroom
If you have a donor-advised fund with the Community Foundation, please go to your Donor Central login on our website and make a grant to Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake. Of course, you can always send a check directly to Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake at 3741 Commerce Drive, Suite 309, Baltimore, MD 21227.
Don’t hesitate to give me a call at (410) 730-7840 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Your partner in philanthropy,
President & CEO