Sign up for our Flood Relief Grants eNewsletter.
When can I apply for Ellicott City Flood Relief assistance?
Applications will be accepted now through August 14, 2018. Award notifications will be issued and distributed by the Community Foundation of Howard County no later than October 1, 2018.
How do I submit an application?
All applications must be submitted via the application portal.
Returning applicants, which include recipients of funding in 2016, are already registered and do not need to create a new account. If you remember the email address you used previously, click “Forgot your Password?” and follow the directions received in the “Password Reset” email. If you are uncertain of the email address you used, contact us at Grants@CFHoCo.org and we will reset the password for you. In the body of the email provide us with your full name, address and phone number.
First time applicants will click “Create New Account” and follow the instructions.
What if I don’t have Internet access or need support completing an application?
You can receive assistance in a number of ways:
- By Phone at 410.730.7840 (Select 4) and ask for “Help with the Ellicott City Flood relief application.”
- Via Email at Grants@CFHoCo.org and put “Ellicott City Flood Relief Application” in the subject line.
- In-Person at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church (3695 Rogers Avenue, Ellicott City, MD, 21043). Quick Link: Hours and Appointments
What programs are being offered?
- Ellicott City Flood Relief: Individuals and Households Program
- Ellicott City Flood Relief: Employees of Effected Businesses Program
- Ellicott City Flood Relief: Business Owner Program
- Ellicott City Flood Relief: Residential Property Owner Program
- Ellicott City Flood Relief: Commercial Property Owner Program
Quick Link: Review requirements and preview applications.
Can I submit an application in more than one program?
Yes. After logging onto the application site you will be asked to complete an “Eligibility Quiz.” Based on your answers, when you click on “Apply” at the top of the Applicant Dashboard, you will see a list of all the category’s for which you meet the eligibility criteria. If you think you meet the requirements for a program and you don’t see the application, contact us at Grants@CFHoCo.org and we’ll review the information with you.
Can owners of a business submit an application in the “Employees of Effected Business Program?”
No. Owners of a business would not submit an application in this program, they are only eligible for the “Business Owner Program.” The Eligibility Quiz may (added 08/08/2018)
Can you help me with the “Eligibility Quiz?”
Sure, take a moment and view the video that shows you how to get to and take the eligibility quiz.
First time applicants will be taken directly to the Eligibility Quiz.
Returning applications will need to click on the “Apply” button at the top of the page and to the right of the logs.
We understand that each applicant is seeking assistance for a particular situation; however, we need you to answer all the questions as they are written. Don’t second guess the questions. If the question doesn’t apply simply answer “No.” Once the quiz is complete, you will be able to access the applications for the programs you are eligible for. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional assistance.
Will I have to upload any documents to the application system?
Yes. If you would like help scanning and uploading documents, volunteers at the Application Assistance Center located at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church can assist. Below is a list of the materials you may need for one or more of the programs listed above.
- Documents supporting the amount of funding you are requesting.
- Verification of employment at an business impacted by the May 27, 2018 flood.
- Documents verifying your primary residence address.
- Documents verify your business address.
- Documents supporting your ability to apply as “head of household.”
- Documents showing your business has reopened in Ellicott City.
- Valid business license.
- Residential or commercial property joint owners statement.
- A list of the officers of a corporate owned commercial or residential property.
What is a “joint owners statement?”
Applications submitted for jointly owned residential or commercial property will need to include a signed statement that all owners of the property (a) are aware of the submission of the application, (b) understand that only one application may be submitted under this program, and (c) agree that if multiple applications are submitted for the same address, all the applications will be deemed “in eligible” and will not be considered for funding.