The Community Foundation of Howard County is accredited by the Community Foundations National Standards Board. National Standards accreditation is a commitment to transparency, excellence, stewardship and leadership and requires compliance with forty specific standards in the areas of donor services, investments, grant-making and administration. This accreditation is periodically audited and reviewed for compliance by the Community Foundations National Standards Board. You may read more about the National Standards at cfstandards.org.
In order to effectively serve the interests of our donors, local Howard County nonprofits and the community at large, CFHoCo is committed to transparency, accountability and convenience. Accordingly, our federal tax returns, audited financial statements, investment policy and other related documents are available here, or you may contact us to receive print copies.
For additional information regarding names of investment managers, administrative fees charged or individuals responsible for investment or oversight, please contact the Community Foundation of Howard County at (410) 730-7840 or email@example.com.
- Articles of Incorporation (PDF)
- Community Foundation By-laws
- CFHoCo’s 501(c)(3) Determination Letter (PDF)
- Community Foundations National Accreditation (PDF)
- Audit 2015 and 2014 (PDF)
- Form 990 2015 (PDF)
- Historic Return on Investment
- Request a copy of CFHoCo’s W-9 Form
- Request a copy of CFHoCo’s Maryland sales tax exemption certificate
Please note that historic information the Foundation’s financials are available via GuideStar.
- Confidentiality Policy (PDF)
- Conflicts of Interest and Duality of Interest Policy (PDF)
- Due Diligence and Expenditure Responsibility Policy (PDF)
- Donor Initiated Fundraising Policies and Procedures (PDF)
- Investment Policy (December 12, 2012) (PDF)
- Scholarships and Other Grants to Individuals Policy (PDF)
- Whistleblower Policy (PDF)
- Annual Report (PDF)