100% of all gifts received, minus any PayPal processing fees, will be granted via the process outlined in the program guidelines. The CFHoCo has waived all administration fees. In the event that due to the generosity of donors, donations exceed the need, the CFHoCo will apply donations to relief efforts of future incidents. This fund cannot accept donations designated for the benefit of a specific individual, for profit business or family.
2018 Ellicott City Flood
May 27, 2018
Ellicott City has once again been devastated by a flash flood down historic Main Street.
Following the 2016 Ellicott City Flood, the Foundation partnered with Howard County Government’s Emergency Operations Center and local nonprofits to provide prompt assistance following local emergencies such as a natural disaster, terrorism attack or a mass shooting.
The Foundation established the Howard County Community Relief Fund to collect donations that will be used to support the unmet immediate needs, as well as unmet intermediate and longer-term needs, that are not covered by insurance or other government programs.
The role of the Community Foundation of Howard County with respect to this fund is as follows:
- Receive donations from individuals, corporations and foundations, including contributions from the Foundation’s donors;
- Communicate the availability of funding and allowable uses for those dollars to the Howard County community as a whole but to our local nonprofit partners in particular;
- Serve as a facilitator to direct those individuals who have suffered a loss to the appropriate local nonprofit direct service providers;
- Be responsible for disseminating funds in a timely manner, based upon agreed upon criteria; and
- Provide letters of acknowledgement to donors that may be utilized for tax reporting purposes.
If you wish to make a donation to the Howard County Community Relief Fund, you donate below or you can mail a check payable to the Community Foundation of Howard County noting “Howard County Community Relief Fund” on the memo line.
If you’d like to make a donation to the Howard County Community Relief Fund and you have a donor advised fund with the Foundation, please go to your Donor Central login on our website and make a grant to the Community Foundation of Howard County for the purpose of supporting the Howard County Community Relief Fund.
Of course you can always give me a call at 410-730-7840 or send me an email if you’d like to learn more about what our local nonprofits are doing to address this crisis.
Your partner in philanthropy,
President & CEO