Participating in the Community Foundation’s Financial Advisor Program creates a distinct advantage for you and your clients. You can continue to manage your clients’ assets and meet your clients’ tax and charitable goals.
CFHoCo can handle complex charitable transactions, including the donation of real estate and closely-held interests, giving financial advisors the power to offer flexible options not otherwise available and clients the ability to attain a level of giving they may not have considered possible.
The Community Foundation of Howard County is a public charity, so your clients will receive the maximum tax deduction allowed by law, avoid capital gains tax and may be eligible to receive a life income stream. CFHoCo is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional service. If legal advice or other expertise is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
* The financial advisor program requires financial advisors to adhere to professional and industry standards in managing donor funds. Statements are reconciled monthly between CFHoCo and financial advisors.
Financial Advisor Program Benefits
Our financial advisor program is a win-win for everyone involved, creating a significant and positive impact for your clients’ charitable causes.
Financial advisors can:
- Offer clients a value-added service by connecting them to the best charitable giving products on the market
- Retain their clients’ charitable assets at their financial institution and continue to manage their clients’ charitable giving vehicles
- Convert non-managed client assets, such as real estate, closely-held interests, businesses, personal property and art into charitable dollars that they can manage
Identifying Clients Who Qualify
Candidates for this program might:
- Plan to sell a private company
- Have high capital gains tax exposure
- Be in a “transition” phase of life—empty nest, retirement, involved in estate planning
- Want a charitable tax deduction now with the flexibility to make distributions in the future
- Want to grow their contributions tax-free over time
- Have a desire to give something back to their community
- Want to leave a legacy for future generations
For more information please contact Beverly White-Seals, President & CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org